Idris Elba To Play Mandela In New Movie


Earlier this week, British actor Idris Elba was spotted in New York City for a new sci-fi, robot flick titled “Pacific Rim.”
According to London’s Independent, Idris, who is currently in his prime as the star of the BBC1 series Luther, is set to play the Next James Bond (which he denies) and an upcoming role as Nelson Mandela.


During a recent sit-down, he dished on the Nelson Mandela role being one of his most challenging jobs yet, brushed off the James Bond rumours and revealed whether he considers himself to be a role model.


See Highlights: 

On playing Nelson Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom: "To call the prospect of playing Nelson Mandela intimidating would be to put it lightly. But it’s a massive honour to play this saint amongst men. I was honestly confused about why they came to me. I thought, ‘You can’t be serious! You chose me out of everyone you could have gone to?’ Then I found out that Nelson Mandela was into The Wire. I thought, ‘It’s amazing – he might have kicked back and watched the Wire box set!’ The role was definitely the biggest challenge of my life. I look and sound nothing like the man – but hopefully I’ve pulled it off.”

    On playing the next James Bond:
    It’s just a rumour. But what a compliment that my name has been attached to that role! Of course, it’s not my job – it’s very much Daniel Craig’s – but I’m flattered by the notion of it. I’m also encouraged that audiences are being more colour-blind these days. If people are associating me with such a job, I think that’s great.


    On if he considers himself a role model:
    I’d like to think so – not necessarily by giving talks, but by my actions. I’d also like to think that people from outside my community could take inspiration from what I’ve done. I’m very satisfied with how things have gone. Ten years ago, I’d never have imagined doing all this.
    Yesterday I was called a ‘cultural icon’. How did I react to that? I laughed loudly and said, ‘What?’


Hi, We are templateify, we create best and free blogger templates for you all i hope you will like this blogify template we have put lot of effort on this template, Cheers, Follow us on: Facebook & Twitter

0 spoke about this:

Post a Comment